Friday, April 10, 2009

SPRING HAS SPRUNG


Finally!!! As always, it's been a long winter, especially for gardeners. We are all chomping at the bit.
Lots to do before planting;
First, clean the gardens. Cut back grasses and perennials and roses. Rake winter debris. Mulch.
Second, create new gardens. Just like shoe collectors, we gardeners love new gardens. Opportunities abound!! New colors, new plants, new layouts. Just like painting a picture.
Third, SHOPPING! Perusing the garden centers. Going through catalogs. What could be better?

Should you be new to gardening please check back often. I plan on sharing my experience gardening in Zone 7. I have been gardening for over 20 years. Each year I learn something new about plants, soil, pests, plant placement etc. As with most gardeners I like to share what I learn. Plus I enjoy sharing pictures of my gardens and flowers. Any questions please e-mail me.
If your an old hat at gardening, please stay in touch at...ilovegardening2@gmail.com. We can do e-plantsharing.
I've also started a garden consultation business. If you live in the Annapolis, MD area look for my flyers.

Now, go outside and dig a little!

Susan





No comments:

Post a Comment